Did you know clients can pay their SA liability through their 2018-19 PAYE tax code as long as all these apply:
- the tax due is less than £3,000
- they already pay tax through PAYE, e.g. they are an employee or receive a company pension
- a 2016-17 paper tax return was submitted by 31 October 2017 or online by 30 December 2017 (not the usual 31 January 2018 deadline for online filing).
We have several SA related toolkits available to use and download for free. They have been tailored to support you by addressing the most common errors seen in SA tax returns submitted in previous years. It also sets out the mitigating steps you can take to avoid those errors.
Each toolkits provides:
- a checklist
- an explanation and mitigation section
- links to online guidance.
The following toolkits can support you through the remainder of the SA period:
- Business profits
- Capital allowances for plant and machinery
- Capital Gains Tax for shares
- Capital v revenue expenditure
- Income Tax losses
- Private and personal expenditure