We wanted to let you know what we've been doing to prepare the first parts of the HMRC Library for transition to GOV.UK.
Copies of our VAT Notices, VAT Info Sheets and VAT Notes are ready to be published, hopefully in the next few days.
Work has also begun on:
- Statements of Practice - these will be in an HTML format rather than one large PDF, something you've been asking us to do for some time
- Customs Information Papers - these are almost complete and should be published in the next week or so
Our plan for the next few weeks is to continue at pace to prepare the following document sets for transition:
- Revenue and Customs Briefs
- Draft Legislation
- Notices relating to Excise duties, environmental taxes and other duties and taxes
- Tariff Notices (and supporting products)
- Tax Information Exchange Agreements (and some related materials in the Tax Treaties section)
- Extra Statutory Concessions
As we've mentioned before, where possible our Library products will be moved to GOV.UK without editing the wording. But they will be presented in a new visual style, to fit with the rest of the GOV.UK website. Government Digital Services have user tested products such as VAT Notices with agents already - and the new, clean GOV.UK presentation has gone down well.
Shortly after we publish each set of documents on GOV.UK, we'll update the links in the HMRC Library. So if you use the HMRC Library to get to these documents you'll be directed to the new GOV.UK versions. Similarly, if you find these documents through search engines, using a favourite/bookmark or any other link, you will be seamlessly directed to the new GOV.UK versions.
We'll update you again in a few weeks, and let you know which documents we'll be working on next.